330 Sussex Drive Paint Analysis - Global Centre for Pluralism
Conservation Solutions ULC (CSI) was requested by Barry Padolsky Associates Inc. Architects to perform paint sampling, analysis, and provide recommendations for 300 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON. Built between 1905 and 1925, the building originally housed the Dominion Archives of Canada from 1905 to 1967, and later became the Canadian War Museum from 1967 to 2005. The building is a national historic site and was designated a Classified federal heritage building. The building was acquired for the site of the new Global Centre for Pluralism.
The aim of the investigation was to document the earliest existing finish colour and record the stratigraphy of the significant surviving finish colours for the elements sampled. CSI examined a total of ten (10) paint samples, nine (9) samples were taken from plaster walls and ceilings, and one (1) sample was taken from the hardwood flooring.